Stamina removal

Comment on the latest changes, State of the Isles addresses, game suggestions, or anything else you'd like to share with the creators and designers of Shattered Isles!
The Deeps
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Stamina removal

Post by The Deeps » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:45 pm

@ShatteredMind

Just FYI, the fire mage drain spell is fire mage-only. Not all mages get it. It is a pulser from what I can tell.

There is no root spell that I know of. If there is, not all mages get it. I believe earth mages are supposed to have a ground to counter flying, but I've never seen one cast it so I can't confirm how it operates.

There is no stun spell or spell that holds you in place, so I'm not actually sure what you're experiencing. You're possibly out of stamina and trying to move? This would be the only thing I can think of.

Lueghee was killed 1v1 by me. I was smart about how I fought him. I have died to him before as well. Once I am stunned, I cannot do anything, including running away or recharging stamina.

Alcohol can be used as a poison and will sometimes make you fall and/or start brawling random people. Anyone with apply poisons typically uses this from what I've seen in OOC games.

During discussions, we all talked about how thief/assassin differentiation was poor and needed more to actually make them separate and complete classes. Also everyone thought about the same thing in regards to giving assassins full disguise.

Poisons need work. But once you get to stun poison, it's very powerful and basically makes the class, which is a problem for many reasons. Not least of which means you feel like your class is useless until you get it. But you're also the only class that has the wide spread of utility you have *from a single skill* and can layer those effects onto *a single 4 second attack*. Which means you're stunning, dropping a DoT, alcohol falling/random brawling, a second DoT, onto one damage-dealing attack which has about a 90% hit rate regardless of if the mage or priest has leveled UC or CC, because our progression is half that of an assassin *AND* those effects stay on the blade for a duration of time, meaning you can target out multiple people with a wall of effects that, unless they're a goblin or a verdani, they have a small chance to resist. No one else can do that, and if they could, I have a feeling you'd be a little confused as to why they could.

The argument that assassins "kill things" is literally the laziest argument I've ever heard about any class discussion. Every class in game, aside from priests, kill things (even tho they kill undead things). We are all "epic level" characters. Which means if you're looking for an assassins creed type adventure where you roll everyone you come across because your class name is making you feel like you should, it won't be happening in PvP. If all the classes were mechanically balanced, 1v1 would be a challenge for any class matchup (considering they're both equally leveled and similar RL). That's sadly not the case right now because:

Melee damage needs to be fixed before a lot of other tweaking happens to give a better baseline for balance overall. Mages, followed by priests, are the most complete and balanced class in the game right now (IMHO). Fixing melee damage will help a lot in making the melee classes more competitive.

The grind is real.

Sincerely,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Spidermage.

Alcarna
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Stamina removal

Post by Alcarna » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:33 pm

As far as melee stamina goes, we briefly suggested the inclusion of a 'Second Wind' skill that unlocks off of Mend, and acts in every way like its parent skill, only it restores stamina instead of health. This would give melee classes a slower, mundane way of restoring stamina while still allowing the vig spell to have its advantages.

----------
Shattered Mind wrote: I don't like that players of high RL prior to this change are going to be out stamina'd by newer characters. I gotta say my character's stamina is not close to the numbers you all mentioned, though some of that might be due to race.
Amen. Both Stamina and HP, as well as benefits from stat raises. This comes up quite a few times, and the frustration is real. It was an asinine decision to abandon the older players after the new system was in place.
Shattered Mind wrote:I think mage stamina drain is a pulser. Perhaps a mage could chime in and confirm?
I'm pretty sure the Fire Mage's Stam drain spell is a pulser too.
Shattered Mind wrote: I'd like assassins to have full disguise instead of just masking.
Agreed, Assassins should get full disguise. How you gonna infiltrate if you can't infiltrate!
Shattered Mind wrote: If an assassin is targeted in the OOC games by a goup they are generally toast.
This is true of any class.
Shattered Mind wrote:...and [mages] have stam drain, slow, and that root spell that holds you in place.
As Ibeyrin pointed out, only slow is a standard mage spell. Drain is reserved for fire mages. Earth mages are rumored to get a Ground spell, but I have not unlocked it so I don't know if it will be a root, a stun, or simply ground flyers with no additional effect.
Shattered Mind wrote:Oh, also, and this is just me, I don't use alcohol as a poison. I don't believe it was meant to be that way and if the staff can figure out how to separate alcohol from poisons it probably wont be able to be applied to blades as a poison. Personally, I think it should be called a bug and be banned from being applied to weapons.
It's the only poison available to Thieves without having to buy them off of an assassin.
Shattered Mind wrote:While I was not able to be at last month's ooc games I did experience the root spell and mage stam drain in the games before that and gotta say Lueghee was definitely not the threat he used to be.
Lueghee is still a terror of a PC to fight; to say differently is to willfully ignore how powerful he is. In a 1v1, it takes a max level mage fighting smart to bring him down. In my first OOC games, he stunlocked Alcarna and a second mage while a second PC killed us. It was brutal.

Again, I don't think there's a root spell, unless the Earth Mage's ground spell is a root. Perhaps there was another high level earth mage that came before me and had used it at games? I'd love to know if that's true!
The Deeps wrote: Which means you're stunning, dropping a DoT, alcohol falling/random brawling, a second DoT, onto one damage-dealing attack which has about a 90% hit rate regardless of if the mage or priest has leveled UC or CC...
Don't forget to add Slow and Haste to that murder soup you're cookin' up! Also, can confirm. I have 30UC. I sparred OOC with an assassin and was still struck roughly 90% of the time; that's 14 misses over 160 attacks.
The Deeps wrote:Melee damage needs to be fixed before a lot of other tweaking happens to give a better baseline for balance overall. Mages, followed by priests, are the most complete and balanced class in the game right now (IMHO). Fixing melee damage will help a lot in making the melee classes more competitive.

The grind is real.
Holla.