Mage Armor Spell bugged?

Comment on the latest changes, State of the Isles addresses, game suggestions, or anything else you'd like to share with the creators and designers of Shattered Isles!
Alcarna
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 2

Mage Armor Spell bugged?

Post by Alcarna » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:01 pm

Hi. I've noticed some wonky returns on damage reduction with the mage armor spell. After some light testing on a few different mobs, I'm having a hard time recording any actual damage reduction (Avg damage calculated over 100 hits) when under the spell's effects. And in one case, vampires, I noticed that the damage against me was significantly amplified.

Preliminary testing against similar Mob groups showed that the priest armor did return noticeable reduction in damage over time versus the mage armor, which returned no noticeable change, but I haven't tested the priest armor on quite as many mobs.

Could there be wonky code in the way the mage armor is working? I'm not sure if other mages have noticed similar, negligible returns.

Thanks!
Alcarna's Player

Snaek
SI Staff Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Mage Armor Spell bugged?

Post by Snaek » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:01 pm

I'll take a look and see if there is anything going on in the spells versus the priest's prayer. This is the first I've heard about it.

Alcarna
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Mage Armor Spell bugged?

Post by Alcarna » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Thanks for taking a look!

As an update, when sparring against high damage dealing Mages, I did see some damage reduction in the average numbers. I was still having a hard time seeing reduction versus M0Bs, and versus melee.

~^~* Alcarna Osidhe