Skill Perks

Comment on the latest changes, State of the Isles addresses, game suggestions, or anything else you'd like to share with the creators and designers of Shattered Isles!
Creon
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 1

Skill Perks

Post by Creon » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:41 am

I originally posted this as a reply about a post under another forum topic. However a couple of players really enjoyed the idea so I thought it would be best if I placed it as a forum topic. So others could hopefully agree or build on the idea.

The idea in a nutshell is to place perks on skill lines at higher levels. This serves to fix, in my humble opinion a variety of issues mechanically within the game.

The way it would work is you would hit landmarks at certain levels and recieve a bonus to that skill which also exclusive to your class. This helps address two issues class identity and adds value to leveling your skill when it can scale to level 100.

The example I used in the other forum, specifically pertained to shield block. The example I used was a templar at level 50 and 100 shield block the success rate raised 5% addatively per landmark. While a warrior would have the successful check cooldown reduced.

The potential to reinvigorate skills would be potentially limitless. It would also help balance classes with a much smaller skill pool. For example mages would recieve fewer perks over all but would have much larger skill pool. Whereas a warrior could recieve a generous sum of perks while only having a limited amount of skills to use. It would essentially eliminate the need to make skills like shield bash, pummel and grappeling, which essentially function as a means of filler to help round out classes that just dont seem to have the robust and useful skills found on several other classes.

Thank you for your time and I hope to recieve some good feedback.