A new State of the Isles has been posted!

Guide to Using Scribes

Game login information, frequently asked questions, and other helpful tips for playing Shattered Isles.
Snaek
SI Staff Member
Posts in topic: 1

Guide to Using Scribes

Post by Snaek » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:27 pm

Writing notes and messages in Shattered Isles is done through using scribe services found in most major cities. Scribes offer a variety of options for your writing, such as scrolls, documents, and formal letters. Once you've encountered a scribe, use the SCRIBE command to begin the process. The scribe's services are not free, so be sure to have some doubloons on you before you begin.

Once you engage the scribe using the SCRIBE command, you will see a list of options:

Code: Select all

A frazzled scribe asks, "Which of my services interests you?"

L) a formal letter
A) a detailed application
N) a love note
D) a business document
C) an official charter
R) a transcribed recipe
I) a stylized invitation
M) a discreet missive
P) a small parchment
X) EXIT
After selecting an option, you will be asked some questions to identify how many copies will be needed, to whom your writing will be addressed, and what the title of your missive should be. (Additional copies do not cost extra!)

A frazzled scribe asks, "How many copies will you be needing?"

A) 1
B) 2
C) 5
D) 10
E) 15
X) EXIT

A frazzled scribe asks you, "To whom shall I address a small parchment?"

Recipient's name:

A frazzled scribe asks you, "What will this message will entail, as I will make a brief note of it."

In regards to:
Now it's time to write your letter, and this is where some additional information will help the structure of your writing. By adding a \n, you add a return to the very next line. Use two of these, or \n\n to add an extra line break between sentences and paragraphs. This is also useful when asked to add your signature, which is prompted after your message.

Here's an example of what you would submit:

A frazzled scribe asks you, "What would ye like to have as your message?"

I, King Snaek, have issued a royal decree that from this day forward, all goblins, dwarves, and elven races shall have tails.\n\nThose goblins, dwarves, and elves already in existence will report to the infirmary immediately for tail growth pills.\n\nOnce complete, report to the palace for tail inspection.\n
And here is how it would display:

I, King Snaek, have issued a royal decree that from this day forward, all goblins, dwarves, and elven races shall have tails.

Those goblins, dwarves, and elves already in existence will report to the infirmary immediately for tail growth pills.

Once complete, report to the palace for tail inspection.
After you've written your message, you will be asked for your signature and then shown the final version which you may accept or discard to begin again. Upon accepting, the scribe will hand you the completed copies and your business is complete!