nifty commands

Game login information, frequently asked questions, and other helpful tips for playing Shattered Isles.
ditchhook
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 8

nifty commands

Post by ditchhook » Sat May 10, 2014 6:44 pm

I'd like to start a thread where people can share the clever/obscure commands they have discovered.

Here's mine to start the thread: to manipulate all of an item with one command use "all." as a prefix. Examples:

get all.coins
sell all.meat
put all.coins backpack

I don't know how clever that is, but the point of this thread is for all of you to share your clever commands with me!

Bihi

Kody_Oakborne
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 2

Re: nifty commands

Post by Kody_Oakborne » Sun May 11, 2014 3:24 pm

ditchhook wrote:I'd like to start a thread where people can share the clever/obscure commands they have discovered.

Here's mine to start the thread: to manipulate all of an item with one command use "all." as a prefix. Examples:

get all.coins
sell all.meat
put all.coins backpack

I don't know how clever that is, but the point of this thread is for all of you to share your clever commands with me!
You can also use a space instead of period, from my experience. Definitely useful, however!

May the trees guard you, and house you, and guide you.
Kody

Shadowbane
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Shadowbane » Sun May 11, 2014 3:47 pm

It's been my experience that the period isn't necessary when you're getting all of something from anywhere. Now, if you wanted to get the second object with 'knee' in it, you'd type 'g 2.knee' and that would get you the second object.

Blink
Conclave Representative

Post by Blink » Sun May 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Colorset

ditchhook
Citizen of Archai

Post by ditchhook » Sun May 11, 2014 9:33 pm

Blink wrote:Colorset
Tell us more! The helpfile doesn't explain how to reset colors to my choosing.

Bihi

Austere
SI Staff Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Austere » Mon May 12, 2014 2:10 pm

It allows you to customize the color displays of items, exits, room descriptions or titles, the opponent you're fighting, opponents fighting you, spells & prayers, speech, and weather displays. To modify it, use COLORSET and a list will come up.

Teef
Citizen of Archai

Post by Teef » Mon May 12, 2014 2:25 pm

RETIRE

This is to delete a character... While trying out different race/class combos it didn't take long for me to use all my slots and want to delete.

Visyn
Conclave Representative

Post by Visyn » Mon May 12, 2014 7:10 pm

SELL ALL - will attempt to sell everything in your inventory that you are not wearing
EVENTS - will give you a list of events for the current months as well as events scheduled for following months
UPDATES - a summary of notes from recent and past updates to the game
AGREE & DISAGREE - nod your head up and down or side to side to a player, NPC, object. It is also an open-ended emote that you can add your own flair to if you wish.
PROMPT - modify/customize the prompt line to your preference. see HELP PROMPT

ditchhook
Citizen of Archai

Post by ditchhook » Mon May 12, 2014 11:14 pm

Austere wrote:It allows you to customize the color displays of items, exits, room descriptions or titles, the opponent you're fighting, opponents fighting you, spells & prayers, speech, and weather displays. To modify it, use COLORSET and a list will come up.
I got that far, and saw the list, but couldn't figure out how to make changes from the default. One example in the help file would be great.

Bihi

Yiri
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Yiri » Mon May 12, 2014 11:21 pm

After typing "Colorset", just type whichever number corresponding to the text you want changed. For example, if you wanted all of your fighting text to be in red so it was easy to see, you would type "colorset --> 1 --> red --> return" and the changes will go through. Hope it helps.