nifty commands

Game login information, frequently asked questions, and other helpful tips for playing Shattered Isles.
Snaek
SI Staff Member
Posts in topic: 2

Re: nifty commands

Post by Snaek » Mon May 12, 2014 11:50 pm

I find setting a color for items is the best use. It makes doors and room items stand out easily as you walk by.

Also for prompt, %I is a good one to use if you hide a lot.

Austere
SI Staff Member

Post by Austere » Tue May 13, 2014 5:48 am

COMMANDS - use the COMMANDS command to see a complete list of commands available to you at any time. Commands not included in this list are used during quests and other NPC interactions, but are only available during those interactions.

ESCAPE - use this command if you find yourself falling indefinitely. This is not considered an In Character action as it's a way to resolve a bug where you cannot fall from certain positions.

ditchhook
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 8

Post by ditchhook » Tue May 13, 2014 6:25 pm

Snaek wrote:I find setting a color for items is the best use. It makes doors and room items stand out easily as you walk by.

Also for prompt, %I is a good one to use if you hide a lot.

How do you set for changing the color of items? I don't see it in the help file list. However, I very much like the suggestion!

Bihi

ditchhook
Citizen of Archai

Post by ditchhook » Tue May 13, 2014 7:03 pm

Yiri wrote:After typing "Colorset", just type whichever number corresponding to the text you want changed. For example, if you wanted all of your fighting text to be in red so it was easy to see, you would type "colorset --> 1 --> red --> return" and the changes will go through. Hope it helps.
It just keeps telling me "That is not a valid selection"

Select Number or RETURN to exit. colorset 8
That is not a valid selection.

Select Number or RETURN to exit. colorset 8 red
That is not a valid selection.

Sorry I got it now. After Colorset, you get a special "prompt" just enter a number after that, and then it gives a list of possible colors.
Last edited by ditchhook on Tue May 13, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bihi

Yiri
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Yiri » Tue May 13, 2014 7:06 pm

try:

Select Number or RETURN to exit. 8. Don't type "colorset 8", just "8".

Then it'll give a list of colors, then type the color you want. Does that work?

ditchhook
Citizen of Archai

Post by ditchhook » Mon May 19, 2014 8:27 pm

Changing the color of objects in room descriptions (so that many subtle portals show up) is profoundly helpful to navigate the game world! I would encourage all new players to implement it.

Bihi

ditchhook
Citizen of Archai

Post by ditchhook » Tue May 20, 2014 11:50 pm

You can compare two items with similar uses with the 'compare' command to estimate which is better. For example I could compare my tin skinning knife with a sailor's knife I took from a rather rude neer-do-well in the dock sewers, and 'compare' told me the skinning knife was better.

Bihi

Kody_Oakborne
Citizen of Archai

Post by Kody_Oakborne » Wed May 21, 2014 9:17 am

ditchhook wrote:You can compare two items with similar uses with the 'compare' command to estimate which is better. For example I could compare my tin skinning knife with a sailor's knife I took from a rather rude neer-do-well in the dock sewers, and 'compare' told me the skinning knife was better.

What?!
I love you!

May the trees guard you, and house you, and guide you.
Kody

Yiri
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Yiri » Fri May 23, 2014 9:53 am

"Praise (your praises to the Devs/Actors/Elders)"

Lets the staff know what you like! I try to use it whenever I find some aspect of the game I enjoy or appreciate.

Snaek
SI Staff Member

Post by Snaek » Sat May 24, 2014 1:06 pm

In addition to colorset and prompt, there's also an ALIAS command that is great for further customization within the game itself. These three together make it easy to play the game without extensive knowledge of the particular client you use to connect to the game. Plus if you are like me and switch between different clients (laptop to mobile for example) you still have those colors and aliases with you.

Unrelated, but HELP BUGS can be useful as well. It has a list of some known bugs we are aware of and working on. Something to check out before sending in a bug report.