Discord Channel

Discuss your favorite races, ask the questions you've always wondered about, or just follow along in the conversation. This is the place for everything that is Shattered Isles. Keep your debates civil. Trolls will be executed on sight.
Bastion Mannix
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 5

Discord Channel

Post by Bastion Mannix » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:13 am

For the sake of organization, I've updated this original post. I created a discord for players to come and chat - we can talk about anything, IG, OOC, theories about roleplay or mechanics, etc.
Note: This is not officially sanctioned, but any mention of exploits or bug abuse will not be allowed. Otherwise, there aren't any real rules besides don't be a dick!

Below is the link to the Discord channel if you'd like to chat with fellow players.
Let me know if you'd like me to add specific channels/rooms.

https://discord.gg/uXPTf65
Last edited by Bastion Mannix on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Deeps
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Discord channel?

Post by The Deeps » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:42 am

I haven't heard of one being set up. You thinking something voice or text? Both? I'm always a little hesitant about RPG chats since IC/OOC stuff can get muddled real easy in there, but I'm not opposed to getting to know people I game with on an OOC level. Just not sure this would be something I'd participate in (let's be real I'd try it once 'cause I'm curious af, but whatever).

Bastion Mannix
Citizen of Archai

Post by Bastion Mannix » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:14 am

Yea, it takes some willpower not to muddy the line. There are some players who already do that IC.
I suppose discord has either option for voice and text, I was moreso thinking text myself but it wouldn't make any difference. It would just be cool to discuss plot theory, mechanical theory/observations, or even just shoot the breeze about non-SI stuff.

Alexis
Academy Student
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Alexis » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:50 pm

People already IM each other out of game if they're buddies or want to swap gossip and game talk OOC. For those who aren't as eager for the more personal connection, the forums fill in the OOC game talk at a slower pace. It takes nothing to set up a Discord server and offer invites or just post a permanent join link on the forums here, but I would be surprised if you got many bites.

Voice chat while playing a MUD would be strange. I can't stand it while I'm trying to write/roleplay, but some people might find it interesting. My immersion!
Last edited by Alexis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexis
Air Mage of Temple Aerthane

Bastion Mannix
Citizen of Archai

Post by Bastion Mannix » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:52 pm

Guess I'm just out of the circle of friends, then. No different than the -old game- days, I suppose!

Shadowbane
Citizen of Archai

Post by Shadowbane » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:01 pm

I dragged my friends to SI. They're the only ones I talk to on an OOC level on the regular.

Admittedly, that's only two people, but still. ._.

Hierophant of Itzal

Alexis
Academy Student

Post by Alexis » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:06 pm

Bastion Mannix wrote:Guess I'm just out of the circle of friends, then. No different than the -old game- days, I suppose!
If there's a walled-garden group chat somewhere, I don't know about it. I was more speaking of the few players I know who chit-chat on Skype or Discord or SMS with someone else who plays SI. Usually friends they knew before from out of game who they'd be talking with anyways.

It's not a bad idea on its own, and it costs you nothing to give it a shot and see who turns up. Discord's a nice combination of ye olde IRC and TeamSpeak/Vent/Mumble hangouts for online groups, so there's plenty of options at least.

Alexis
Air Mage of Temple Aerthane

Bastion Mannix
Citizen of Archai

Post by Bastion Mannix » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Welllp, I suppose it is simple enough to make one.

MOVED LINK TO ORIGINAL POST
Last edited by Bastion Mannix on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowbane
Citizen of Archai

Post by Shadowbane » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:47 pm

After thinking on it, I think a Lore Talk channel would be good. Mechanics would be difficult to discuss since they seem to change regularly, but having an ongoing think tank of sorts on lore could benefit players and staff alike.

No harm in trying.

Hierophant of Itzal

Kristauf
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kristauf » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:29 am

Looks like that invite link has expired.