Discord Channel

Discuss your favorite races, ask the questions you've always wondered about, or just follow along in the conversation. This is the place for everything that is Shattered Isles. Keep your debates civil. Trolls will be executed on sight.
Bastion Mannix
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Discord channel?

Post by Bastion Mannix » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:31 am

I've updated with the permanent link on the original post, Kristauf. Long time no see, by the way!

Snaek
SI Staff Member
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Discord Channel

Post by Snaek » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:41 pm

I wanted to chime in on this with an opinion. We as staff of course can't control what goes on outside the game and we wouldn't dare try to. I think it is great players get together to compare information and come up with new ideas. 100% for that aspect of it. But I can tell you from my dgate days that it is a real slippery slope and can get ugly fast. As players we would often have an us vs them attitude toward the staff, which is fine with me but not everyone has thick skin or is as devoted to this project as I am. It wouldn't take much negative talk to run off a volunteer staff member who may not be your cup of tea.

I also remember spending a great deal of time trying to figure out who plays which characters and trying to figure out their alts. I started out that way here as well but a couple of years ago I stopped caring. I stopped looking them up even. I think it has helped me treat all players as someone new and listening to their story to form my opinions instead of basing it off of something they might have done with another character I may or may not like. I find the ooc chats can get really casual with this kind of information as well and urge you to avoid falling into that trap. Talk about our terrible mechanics all day, that's fair game and good ideas can definitely come from that.

Just try your best to be mindful of what other players would and wouldn't want out there. Who they are and what their skills levels are shouldn't be a topic of discussion unless they bring it up themselves. Again I'm absolutely thrilled we have a community that cares enough to come together to discuss the game. I am humbled to know that's happening. I'm just wary of past examples and don't want to see any of you go down that rabbit hole. Let's all have fun and keep making the game better!

P.S. I'll never check out any of these OOC forums or chats as I have enough on my plate and I really think staff should keep themselves separated so that players can feel comfortable venting when the need arises.

Bocon Lampor
Citizen of Archai

Post by Bocon Lampor » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:24 pm

Cool, now that that's been said, come join the discord for Bocon's bi-weekly class discussion session. Where we discuss a new class every 2 weeks. Bring your gripes and complaints, but also bring ideas on how to fix them and new ideas to make the class better or more fun to play. I might be retired, but I still care =)

Bocon Lampor
Citizen of Archai

Post by Bocon Lampor » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:58 pm

This weeks class is Templars! There's some good stuff in the channel so far, so come check it out if you haven't already and feel free to contribute to an ongoing discussion!

Bocon Lampor
Citizen of Archai

Post by Bocon Lampor » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:12 pm

Templar discussion ends this Sunday. I have made a poll to choose the next discussion class. You can find it here:

Bocon Lampor
Citizen of Archai

Post by Bocon Lampor » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Today/night I'll be holding a discussion on Snaek's favorite topic: Mechanics! The goal will be to find out what you, the players, feel are the highest priority items to be addressed. So bring some ideas on what's important to you and how you'd like to see them realized. Thanks!

Teef
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Teef » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:43 am

what kind of bees make milk? boobees. there i contributed

Illegal Activity
Citizen of Archai

Post by Illegal Activity » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:54 am

You son of a biatch I thought you died!

Bocon Lampor
Citizen of Archai

Post by Bocon Lampor » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:09 am

Next class discussion will be tomorrow night on the Rodeo Clown class (Warriors). We had a really, really, good discussion on Barbs last week, so bring some ideas to make Warriors not the awkward middle child (Are they tanks? Are they DPS? Are they both?! No one really knows...) Looking forward to seeing the new ideas. Thanks!

Creon
Citizen of Archai

Post by Creon » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:29 am

I dont think its a tos violation to talk about IC things OOCly for instance if you wanted to setup a hero/villian scenario with another player etc. I think it is good for the community to have interaction about the game outside of the game discord is a great platform to do that on. Ive always thought OOC meetings should be preformed on that platform its easier to transcribe and even easier to read through.