Shield Block

Discuss your favorite races, ask the questions you've always wondered about, or just follow along in the conversation. This is the place for everything that is Shattered Isles. Keep your debates civil. Trolls will be executed on sight.
Alcarna
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shield Block

Post by Alcarna » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:29 am

Bocon Lampor wrote:
Creon wrote:Ultimately the game from a mechanical and content standpoimt can not reasonably scale every skill to 100.

Pertaining to shield block I believe it would be beneficial to the game to add capped % success different for each class. It makes sense from both a roleplay and mechanical perspective.

I have mentioned this before but certain skills should offer a tangible reward for hitting landmarks in skill progression where reasonable progression per level can not be implemented.

Specifically for shield block I would say rewards at 50 and 100 are good setpoints. The rewards should be unique for the class. IE Templars may see a success cap increase of 5% addative for each landmark. Warriors could have a delay reduction for their successful defense checks.

Regarding these special landmarks it would also give you a option to make classes more unique. Ie while Assassins would not recieve a defensive landmark, the class could recieve armor penetration bonus for close combat.

I think implementing perks inside of skill lines would make balancing a lot more simple. Instead of having to implement a lot of skills to make everything feel balanced. Ie you could give warriors a genrous amount of perks but forgo giving them a wide range of skills as a tradeoff.
I like this idea too.
+1. Though I'd like to see those milestone rewards be given out more frequently than 50 and 100. But I love this idea.

~^~* Alcarna Osidhe

Creon
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Shield Block

Post by Creon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:21 pm

Alcarna wrote:
Bocon Lampor wrote:
Creon wrote:Ultimately the game from a mechanical and content standpoimt can not reasonably scale every skill to 100.

Pertaining to shield block I believe it would be beneficial to the game to add capped % success different for each class. It makes sense from both a roleplay and mechanical perspective.

I have mentioned this before but certain skills should offer a tangible reward for hitting landmarks in skill progression where reasonable progression per level can not be implemented.

Specifically for shield block I would say rewards at 50 and 100 are good setpoints. The rewards should be unique for the class. IE Templars may see a success cap increase of 5% addative for each landmark. Warriors could have a delay reduction for their successful defense checks.

Regarding these special landmarks it would also give you a option to make classes more unique. Ie while Assassins would not recieve a defensive landmark, the class could recieve armor penetration bonus for close combat.

I think implementing perks inside of skill lines would make balancing a lot more simple. Instead of having to implement a lot of skills to make everything feel balanced. Ie you could give warriors a genrous amount of perks but forgo giving them a wide range of skills as a tradeoff.
I like this idea too.
+1. Though I'd like to see those milestone rewards be given out more frequently than 50 and 100. But I love this idea.
Those were just examples, but the perks would be fairly powerful. So you should have to put a substantial amount of work into the skill to recieve the award.