Shield Block

Discuss your favorite races, ask the questions you've always wondered about, or just follow along in the conversation. This is the place for everything that is Shattered Isles. Keep your debates civil. Trolls will be executed on sight.
Forhekset
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 7

Shield Block

Post by Forhekset » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:04 pm

So, I was wondering if DR is played into shield block or if I'm just getting weird results. When I hold my weapon blocking happens far more frequently than when I am training unarmed fighting. So with the same level mobs, and like 30 fewer levels of Unarmed I am rarely blocking attacks.

Bocon Lampor
Citizen of Archai

Re: Shield Block

Post by Bocon Lampor » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:13 pm

From what I gathered from almost 100 levels of Shield Block: It's always a set % and that % stops at like level 30. From level 30 to level 100, there was no change at all in my % to block an attack. I feel your results are just you. The MOB will roll an attack, if the attack hits, I'm guessing it rolls against your 30% or whatever chance to block. Sometimes it bugs and you can block twice in a combat round, but it's rare. No matter how many mobs you fight, you have a cooldown on when your shield can block an attack.

Forhekset
Citizen of Archai

Post by Forhekset » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:40 pm

Wow. That is .. disheartening.

Also, I think I'm actually bugged. Haven't had a single shield block since I died and had shield uses added. I'm currently holding my weapon and training wound mending. A lot of parries, zero shield blocks.

Forhekset
Citizen of Archai

Post by Forhekset » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:53 pm

Yeah. Was bugged. Had to log out and log back in. Blocking works again.

Bocon Lampor
Citizen of Archai

Post by Bocon Lampor » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:57 am

Forhekset wrote:Wow. That is .. disheartening.
Welcome back!

Snaek
SI Staff Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Snaek » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:04 am

I went back and checked the logs and didn't see anything out of the ordinary with your character, shield block, or the amount of uses gained from death. Still, I left you a little gift for your return.

Forhekset
Citizen of Archai

Post by Forhekset » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:21 am

Hey, thanks, Boss! Appreciate it. I think that something goofy happened with the uses being over the limit of the actual level. Or something. I logged out and logged back in and everything seemed to work fine again.

Also, does that mean other skills like, wound mending, parry, non-combat stuff also maxes out in effectiveness before max level? I imagine AD/DR keeps going up for combat skills, yeah?

And with things like trades, mining for example at some point I'll be able to mine precious minerals, or gems?

Forhekset
Citizen of Archai

Post by Forhekset » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:26 am

Also, I finally got my mining skill. And unlocked stone cutting. Did some help file reading... wow. There are far more skills than I thought. Unlocking metal polishing seems like.. a pretty serious time investment.

Do these skills count towards overall religious level?

Shadowbane
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Shadowbane » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:07 am

All skills count towards your religious level. I have heard that trade skills count a little less, but they still count. Plus, good way to make money.

Hierophant of Itzal

Snaek
SI Staff Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Snaek » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Defensive skills cap early because of how effective they would be at higher levels. Nothing else comes close to that. The death penalty is 10 percent of your remaining uses. It can certainly exceed the uses you started with for that level, especially if you are dying often. All trade skills count towards your overall class level evenly. Some of these may seem daunting, but trade skills are always 100x the level.which is less than any class skill and you don't have to be in combat to use them.

A lot of players come to OOC games for skill use tokens and put those into crafting. You might consider that next month.