Stat raises

Discuss your favorite races, ask the questions you've always wondered about, or just follow along in the conversation. This is the place for everything that is Shattered Isles. Keep your debates civil. Trolls will be executed on sight.
Creon
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 1

Stat raises

Post by Creon » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:46 pm

A topic that has been debated in the game for a long time has been stat raises and there frequency. I have had the idea in the unlikely event you do manage to aquire a stat raise instead of recieving a randomly generated raise you instead are given a aura which can be turned in at your temple for a stat raise of your choice. If it can not replace the current stat raise system then I suggest it be added. They are too rare to be random giving stats to things that will not benifit you character feels aweful. If the chance rate was increased substantially the raise wouldnt feel so bad but it is around a little less than 2% raise per level up. The fact that the chance doesnt have any failure protection or scale up in chance with skill that are high in level feels really bad too.

Honesty
Citizen of Archai

Re: Stat raises

Post by Honesty » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:59 pm

You know what? I'm going to reply, mostly because I think you should get something for this suggestion.

What you are asking for is not impossible to ask, because frankly, we do want stats in the areas we want. And yes, it is a feature in most MUDs in general. I am curious, as what you are implying is that stat gains are frugal. In the likelihood you do gain a stat, you'd like to at least have some control to where the stat bump goes.

Hrm. How about a "focus" command then? Syntax: Focus Str/Wis/Dex/Int/Cha. It would function where, as you're leveling a particular skill, you gain a chance to focus, concentrate, and put all your efforts into raising that stat? Physical skills would raise Str easier then if you were leveling a Magic Skill, and vice versa.

Would something like that be in your interest, Creon?

Shadowbane
Citizen of Archai

Post by Shadowbane » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:39 am

I'd like the chance for a stat raise to actually increase the longer you go without one. And I mean significantly increase.

I've never gotten a stat raise since the server change and I've leveled a lot of skills. :(

Xiija
Citizen of Archai

Post by Xiija » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Two words....

Brown Reduxa!

X͕̝̦̹̻̟ͧ̃̃̓I͕͍̫͍̞ͨ̆̒ͯ̏̿͑I͖̹̮̬̬͚̬͈ͧͬ̄̚J̙̩̗̙̹ͥ͂̆ͨ̒Ạ̖̻͈̠̣̦̖ͤ̋̽ͨͣ ̠̳͉̻̙̙̹̝͖ͮ͛̔̈ͬA̱͖̐̋̒̊ͬ̂ͫN̠͍̝̰͙̼ͦ̀͊͆͗̾ͫZ̘̞̒͐͊U͓̫ͭͨ́ͤ̇̎̂ͮͅ