Opinion Needed

Discuss your favorite races, ask the questions you've always wondered about, or just follow along in the conversation. This is the place for everything that is Shattered Isles. Keep your debates civil. Trolls will be executed on sight.
Saphira
SI Staff Member
Posts in topic: 1

Opinion Needed

Post by Saphira » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:43 am

Hello my favorite little RPG minions,

Let me start by saying I missed you all terribly. No I didn't quit, or die, or anything else the rumor mill has speculated on. I had some things come up IRL that needed my undivided attention. Now that I'm back it's time to get crack-a-lackin.

We have had a few people recently suggest we host a few RP workshops. Although I love the idea, I want to know who would be interested in attending. We would go over some of the commands that can be used to enhance your RP, as well as some tips and tricks to keep our world fresh and exciting to be in.

If anyone has any other suggestions on events you would like to see, please feel free to suggest them below. You know I'm game for most things.

Peace, Love, and lets do this,

Saphira

Honesty
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Opinion Needed

Post by Honesty » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:17 am

Greets Saphira, I am Honesty, still newbie to the MUD,

While I do would encourage educating the player base, in every shape form and fashion, I believe a RP Workshop would only be half of what is needed here. Hosting a pow-wow for hands-on practice is ideal, perhaps paramount.

However, I do believe a separate Forum/Fora, detailing the "basic' commands, along with many detailed examples, should be available here, instead. Somewhere Stickied at the top of the Creative or General (OOC) sections, perhaps. As detailed as possible and definitely organized in a way that's digestible and fun to read.

I totally understand what you mean, as I've been trying to hardest to get into the game. IRL can really cut into one's availability. And I am wondering. Who is suggesting this? I'd like to see a little more activity on the forums. But then again, I can't make anyone post.

Edit: BTW, my PM is open.

Seren
Citizen of Archai

Post by Seren » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:57 am

My role play could use some hints and tips.

Thanks,
Serens player

RPGer
Conclave Representative

Post by RPGer » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:25 pm

I think it would be fun and interesting to have a get-together like that.

Trystan
Citizen of Archai

Post by Trystan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:53 am

I like the idea, count me in for attending.

Honesty
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Honesty » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:30 am

I still believe that any "RP Workshop" should be extended outside the MUD, rather than a series of in-game events.

Just a forum/ or forums, detailing everything from commands, scenario, to Roleplay Etiquette.~♫

Bocon Lampor
Citizen of Archai

Post by Bocon Lampor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:13 pm

I think this workshop would be best suited for the players who are volunteering for the RP event positions that were being discussed at the last CwC. I just don't feel that if my RP somehow got any better (can't get much wose, lol), that it would make the in-game world "Fresh and Exciting" again. The only things that can do that right now (RP wise), are fun, continuous, RP events and scenarios, or even a common threat to the isle, that everyone can agree to hate (one that actually has a progressing storyline).

Creon
Citizen of Archai

Post by Creon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Tournament dueling, craft offs, song competition. Prizes win

Shadowbane
Citizen of Archai

Post by Shadowbane » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:29 pm

I think this would be a good thing for those who want some tips and tricks on roleplaying in SI, like how to be creative with emotes. Maybe we can even have some lore discussion workshops or something, if people have questions on game lore?