New characters

Discuss your favorite races, ask the questions you've always wondered about, or just follow along in the conversation. This is the place for everything that is Shattered Isles. Keep your debates civil. Trolls will be executed on sight.
Swamp Ape
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 6

New characters

Post by Swamp Ape » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:21 pm

If I roll a new character will that character be current moving forward or will i need to reroll again at a later date?

Snaek
SI Staff Member
Posts in topic: 5

Re: New characters

Post by Snaek » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:32 pm

It's possible you may have to reroll any characters created during the closed beta. We haven't made a firm decision yet on this. If you invest a significant amount of time into a new character during this time and want to keep them that's something we can discuss on a case-by-case basis.

Swamp Ape
Citizen of Archai

Post by Swamp Ape » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:34 pm

Am I broken or unlucky? I hit level 15 (overall) and I have yet to get a stat raise.

Belanna
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Belanna » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:41 am

over the past few months I have tested several race/class combos and it does seem lately that stat raises are becoming very rare.
The last couple had only 1 or none up through lvl 15 compared to 2 or 3 or even more on some before Xmas.

Belanna of House Kojin, Priestess of Lord Pyrous

Snaek
SI Staff Member

Post by Snaek » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:33 pm

I looked over the code and I don't see anything that would suggest stat raises aren't working. Players have reported still receiving them and it's very much an all or none situation, meaning none would get through for anyone if there was an issue. Stat raises aren't specific to a player and it doesn't matter when you rolled.

That said, all skills/spells/prayers/trades are in a state of limbo and subject to change. Sometimes a sweeping change doesn't reach every ability at the same time and may happen over multiple updates. I'm 96% confident every skill has been updated with new stat raise code, but there may be 1 or 2 abilities out there that are unique and haven't been updated yet.

I will take another look at how often stat raises happen and see if there's room for an increase based on this feedback.

Belanna
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Belanna » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:41 am

Go figure. I started a new one last night and *Bam*, two stat raises before level 13. Classic RND mayhem. :shock:

Belanna of House Kojin, Priestess of Lord Pyrous

Swamp Ape
Citizen of Archai

Post by Swamp Ape » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:03 pm

Thank you for the response.

FYI
I'm at lvl 17 overall now and still zero stat raises.

Swamp Ape
Citizen of Archai

Post by Swamp Ape » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:42 pm

This is for information purposes only.

I have a level 20 character level and no stat raises. I personally know another player and he is just a few levels ahead of me and he has gotten 6 stat raises. 1 strength, 3 dexterity, 1 charisma, and 1 wisdom.

We are a different race and different class. Would this affect anything to be out of whack and make something buggy to affect one?

Snaek
SI Staff Member

Post by Snaek » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:47 pm

There's nothing about race or class that determines a stat raise. These happen on a character level and skill level with no other factors. I'm afraid it's just poor luck.

Snaek
SI Staff Member

Post by Snaek » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:49 pm

I should add that if your lvl 20 character is much older they probably didn't have as much of a chance as a new one does, but that's based solely on when you got those levels. Old and new characters have the same chance today.