Mudlet Scripts for Shattered Isles

Have a question about which MUD client works best with SI? Looking for a free app that lets you log in from your phone? Need help with a complicated script? This is the place.
Milo
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 12

Mudlet Scripts for Shattered Isles

Post by Milo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:29 pm

IMPORTANT NOTE: You must remove the previous package before installing this one. There were errors in the package that prevented it from working correctly and I renamed it.

Note 2: This is the last version you'll have to download manually. This version adds support for downloading maps and scripts as they change.

Current Mapper version: 4
See release notes at the bottom

I have been working at polishing up a basic set of scripts/triggers/aliases for use with Shattered Isles. I think they're at the point they're good enough to share and start getting feedback. They're not perfect, but they do work pretty well for me.

You can download the full package here: Shattered Isles Mudlet Package (You may have to right-click and choose 'save link as...'). To install it, choose the Package Manager from the Toolbox menu.

The SI package creates a split view with mapper, chat history and health on the right and mud output on the left.
It defines " so you can talk with a double quote and : so you can emote.
It also adds ! and @ aliases to run Lua scripts (useful for executing gotoRoom for the mapper)
Finally, there are a few highlight triggers set up for some of the common SI things. Some you could probably color with the color command already but I set these up early.

The script will install a custom prompt for you. In case you're interested, here's the prompt:

Code: Select all

prompt <%h/%H - %m/%M - %g~%e~%E
Here's a rundown of the mapper features:

The following aliases have been set up:

deleteMap -- deletes area 1!

map (option)-- General command to enable/disable map features:
  • on/off - Turn following on/off
    lock/unlock - Block creation of new rooms/enable creation of new rooms
    verbose/quiet - Turn on/off diagnostic messages
    run/norun - Turn 'run' command on/off
    (no option) - display current state
newArea (area name) -- Create a new area named (area name). Areas are somewhat busted in mudlet currently so if you can stick with one you'll be better off
findRoom (room name) -- finds all rooms with matching name
setRoom (room ID number) -- set the mapper location to the specified room #
addNote (note) -- adds a note to the mapper at the current position

Unfortunately, I don't have an alias to start a speedwalk. Just double-click on the room you want to go to -or- use the lua function directly: gotoRoom(room id)

There are some user-defined events the mapper uses and generates:

autowalkDone -- Speed/auto-walk completed
characterUnloaded -- Character has logged out from mud (beginnings of multi-character support). Saves mapper data
characterLoaded -- Character logged in to mud. Loads saved mapper data

Feedback is welcomed. I will try to remember to update this as I add functionality!

Revision notes:
Version 5:
  • Added support for tacking when following other players
    Enabled following while walking with 'go X'
    Added 'map help'
    Added 'areas' command
    Fixed bug in 'NewArea' then renamed it to addArea
    Fixed bug in capturing room name
Version 4:
  • Better detection of login
    Multi-character support
    Better support for running
    Better support for special exits
    Auto-download map and scripts
    Reduced some of the extra echoes if you don't turn off 'show the text you sent'
    Don't match [Delay: 2.0 sec.] as a room name
    Other tweaks
Last edited by Milo on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tollkirsche
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Mudlet Scripts for Shattered Isles

Post by Tollkirsche » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:32 pm

well it seemed interested so i download mudlet to try and see how things work, though I beleave i did not import things correctly as everytime i try and move i get three outputs of the same direction. i did attempt to put in the map file but i couldn't find a map directory in mudlet to put it in so not really sure

Austere
SI Staff Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Austere » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:54 am

Awesome, thanks for posting this.
I also tried adding the map, but instead have found it is set up so that I can make my own by walking around.

I also get the multiple directional outputs when inputting just once, but they aren't acting like commands. Though they display, I don't walk the extra 2-3 directional commands.

IZDemon
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 4

Post by IZDemon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:55 pm

It's times like this that I wish I had more computer knowledge!

Milo
Citizen of Archai

Post by Milo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:43 pm

If you're seeing multiple commands you may need to turn off the local echo for Mudlet. I did this right away as it annoyed me anyhow.

To import the map, all you should have to do is delete anything in the map directory and copy that map file in. Your map directory is inside your profile. I will try to make it so it can auto-download the map from the web. Perhaps that would help everyone. I'll look at adding a command to do that.

Tollkirsche
Citizen of Archai

Post by Tollkirsche » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:45 pm

was wondering if you would be inclined to compile a list of the variouse triggers and alias's that you've already set up and what they might do, well outside of the mapping ones that is.

the biggest thing i've been trying to get it to do though is get the numpad to input directions. not alot of information is out for mudlet on setting up direct input commands like that, and its perhaps the only function from ZMUD that i really enjoyed. simply being able to use the numpad for direction moving is handy perhaps it is something i'll have to look up from LUA scripting to see if its something that is within my ability to do.

Milo
Citizen of Archai

Post by Milo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Well, I can't let all the goodies out of the bag but I do have a few scripts I've put together.

To map keys click on the Keys button at the top of the screen. Click 'Add Item' then name the keybinding. Click Grab New Key.

If you just want it to send something I believe you just put it in Command.

IF you want a script, put it in the pane below.

Tollkirsche
Citizen of Archai

Post by Tollkirsche » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:50 am

was going to put up a few things that i've managed to iron out for mudlet. made some numpad directional buttons and stuff. though i guess i have to host the URL somewhere before i can post it here....Hmmmm

Milo
Citizen of Archai

Post by Milo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:27 pm

If you export the buttons I'll import them into the base package.

Milo
Citizen of Archai

Post by Milo » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:01 am

Newest version uploaded! Please update and give feedback!

Coming soon:
Support for flying
Support for following