Conclave Changes

Information regarding the latest updates to Shattered Isles. A complete list can be viewed in game from the account menu and also by using the UPDATES command.
Snaek
SI Staff Member
Posts in topic: 1

Conclave Changes

Post by Snaek » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:15 pm

There's a lot of changes going on with the calendar of events, which I will go into in more detail soon, but until then I wanted to briefly update everyone on the status of Conclave. Since we've been inactive and prepping for a relaunch, we've had more freedom to make sweeping changes that don't necessarily need to be passed through any kind of IC filter before we do. I absolutely appreciate those of you that still show up for Conclave. I hope these changes help you in the future when attendance returns.

For starters, we have changed the date to the 10th day of each month. This was done for a number of reasons. It's easier to remember, it gives people on other days of the week an opportunity to get involved, and the 10th does not interfere with any other reoccurring events we run on a regular basis. You should see this date change reflected in the in-game events calendar (use command EVENTS or CALENDAR) as well as the Message of the Day (motd) you see upon first logging in. On the day of Conclave, an active banner also displays to let everyone know it's approaching.

We've fully automated the opening and closing of Conclave along with preceding crier announcements to ensure it never suffers as a result of a staff member being unable to send those timely actions. (this is a direction we are taking with the entire events calendar and part of the larger project I'll be discussing at a later date.) Currently Conclave still runs on the 8:30 closed door 9:00 open door setup. I understand that has been modified by players to starting the open door meeting at 8:30 and that's fine. We will iron this out in the near future along with some other Conclave responsibilities.

In the meantime, the King has generously decided emissaries should be paid for their efforts. Emissaries can now collect a monthly stipend from the Clerk Marshal. In addition, marshals can now also pick up their monthly allotment from the clerk marshal. Sorry, no back pay for either city servant. Payments are available starting on the 1st of each month.