update on game server status

Information regarding the latest updates to Shattered Isles. A complete list can be viewed in game from the account menu and also by using the UPDATES command.
Snaek
SI Staff Member
Posts in topic: 1

update on game server status

Post by Snaek » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:39 pm

It's looking like we are going to be changing hosting services. Our current host has not maintained their usual level of professionalism and have left us largely in the dark as to what's going on with these recent outages. We've been with them for two and a half years now, but I think it's time to move on to something better. Much like our last server move, this is an opportunity to make some changes and upgrades to our service. Unlike the last one, we won't have to deal with any character updates. Things will resume right where we left off and you can get back to what you enjoy.

The plan will be to stay with our current provider until the end of the month and then move to our new home. I'm not at all confident things will remain up without interruption until then, but I back up the database nightly so we'll be prepared if we need to move sooner. The game, the website, the forums, and the character database are all safely backed up in another location so there's nothing to worry about. There may be a couple of days of downtime when we make the move, but I'll know that better when the time comes. It's something I only do every 2.5 years apparently.

Long story short, service lately sucks and we're moving on to greener pastures.

Thanks for your patience as usual. I will be bringing the game back online as soon as I hit submit (which I already did if you're reading this).