Shattered Isles coming back to life

Information regarding the latest updates to Shattered Isles. A complete list can be viewed in game from the account menu and also by using the UPDATES command.
Snaek
SI Staff Member
Posts in topic: 2

Shattered Isles coming back to life

Post by Snaek » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:45 pm

It's alive!

Sortof.

This has been an experience. Learned a lot this time around. Things I had taken for granted before. We upgraded a number of things while keeping the cost the same, but one thing we lost was a DNS service for handling our domain names. This is unfamiliar territory for me so it's been very time consuming to get it working to the point that it is. We previously had the domains hosted with Godaddy, who automated a great deal of things such as setting the nameservers. So while we have more control than ever over all things SI, we're responsible for more now. Cue Uncle Ben.

It's been an exhausting few days and not at all coming at a great time for me with it being the end of winter quarter. For now the website and forums are working with all their information restored 100%. The game is also online, but right now can only be accessed using a new IP address, 45.58.56.104. I updated the how to connect post in the info section of these forums with that information. http://www.shatteredisles.com/forums/vi ... 5&p=48#p48

There's still more work to be done but things are settling into place, finally. Thanks so much for your patience. I know it's not easy with only getting 1 update a day and only if you follow us on Facebook or Twitter. It's not fun from my perspective as I can't fully explain what's going on through those platforms. Once we're fully operational I will have some more uplifting announcements regarding the direction the game is going in. I will also set up double uses for all of March as soon as shatteredisles.net is resolved.

Snaek
SI Staff Member
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Shattered Isles coming back to life

Post by Snaek » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:42 pm

Access through shatteredisles.net and game.shatteredisles.net have now been fully restored. You can resume logging in using either of these in place of the IP address.