Closed Beta

Information regarding the latest updates to Shattered Isles. A complete list can be viewed in game from the account menu and also by using the UPDATES command.
Snaek
SI Staff Member
Posts in topic: 1

Closed Beta

Post by Snaek » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:23 pm

Shattered Isles has been officially in a closed beta status for a few months now, and while I've mentioned this in some other posts, I haven't addressed it on its own. Over the years I have listed the game in several different stages of production. I tried to stay away from commonplace terms like Alpha and Beta because I wanted to keep the roleplay world moving forward while working on the game. This has proved difficult at every turn, so when we decided to make the push for a relaunch, I decided it was time to call the game what it is. I want to take a moment to clear up some confusion over what this means.

Right now we are in what I'd call a stable release with its share of bugs to fix and cosmetic work left to be completed. We've been through a lot of server moves and address changes to reach this point, all of which have helped us provide a more stable and secure environment for our players. This year's work has really taken us to that next stage with better security measures and dedicated domains for the game and forum to improve connection speed and reliability. Being in Beta means we believe we are at the point where the game's database is safe and the connection is reliable enough to keep the game online 99.9999% of the time ('m sure it will crash right after I post this).

Being in a Closed Beta means we are not currently open for new players. While you can still create new accounts and characters, we aren't actively promoting the game or encouraging voting on any referral sites. Our social media accounts have also been mostly quiet during this time for the same reason. The major reason for this last part is because there are changes being made to the leveling system that are ongoing and being done in phases. All unlockable skills, spells, and prayers have been removed from the individual abilities and are being shifted to unlock from your overall Character Level (CL). This has been explained in another post recently as well. At the time of this post, we are currently weighing the current and planned skills for each class so we can determine a proper balance across your Character Level, and also how much raising each skill should impact your CL progress. Right now all skills advance it the same, but that is definitely changing. Everything remains the same for Trade skills in that they still unlock in a skill tree format which is listed in the helpfiles.

I hope this helps explain some of the noticeable changes going on in game and why we've been labeling the game as being in closed Beta.