Clue Hunt Saturday, 10/27

A short winding path, shaped by leaning stacks of paper, leads to the scribe's desk. On the desk lays piles of vellum and other sheets for writing upon. A sign rests on the desk indicating the prices for service and writing supplies.
Voegelin
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 2

Clue Hunt Saturday, 10/27

Post by Voegelin » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:49 am

Folks, I've designed a Clue Hunt to be held two weeks from now, on Saturday the 27th. It will start at 10pm in the Academy, and the official end time is 1am, at Town Center in Pearl. I will be officiating, assisted by Belanna.

Here's the background. I will give clues to each of ten locations--five in the Academy, and five around Pearl. We will start in the Academy. The basic idea is for contestants to find each of the ten locations using the clues provided. A question will be attached to each clue that can be answered by looking in the location that the clue points to. Contestants will be given the clue and the question for a location, and return to me with the answer to the question--thereby demonstrating they have found the location--and be given the clue/question combination for the next location. The contestant who finds the most locations by the end of time wins. First prize is 50,000 doubloons. If we have enough contestants, second prize will be 25,000 doubloons.

A few other points. Teams are allowed, but teams must register with either me or Belanna before starting the contest. It is preferred that contestants not share information unless they are part of a team, and then only with teammates. Finally, because some of the clues may baffle folks, I will be releasing clues to new locations at ten minute intervals. So, if you spend ten minutes fruitlessly trying to decipher the clue to the first location, you can get the clue to the second location, and so on. Contestants can go back to previous clues if they want. Finally, if a contestant deciphers the clue quickly and returns for the next clue in, say, five minutes, the contestant will get the next clue.

If anyone has any questions about the contest, drop a line here or meet me in and around Pearl. I am happy to answer any questions.

--Aruskin

Voegelin
Citizen of Archai
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Clue Hunt Saturday, 10/27

Post by Voegelin » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:39 pm

The Clue Hunt will start at 10 in the Academy.

--Aruskin